HOW TO USE PRUUF
PRUUF supports multiple mediums such as Chrome, Firefox, MS Word and Google Docs. Details for each topic are as follows.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows 7 SP1, 8, 10
MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
Chrome, version 75.0
Firefox, version 68.0
.Net Framework 4.6.1
Internet Explorer 11
A. ACTIVATE PRUUF IN CHROME
Pruuf Extension in Chrome supports multiple text-area, and among others, are email such as Gmail and Yahoo Mail; Google Translate and others.
The Pruuf setup program installs the Pruuf extension for Chrome automatically. If it is not installed successfully or accidentally removed, you can add it manually as follows:
1. In Windows search, go to Pruuf folder, and choose "Get Pruuf Extension in Chrome Web Store". Chrome Web Store will be opened in your web browser.
2. Click on "Add to Chrome" and "Add Pruuf" window will appear.
3. Click on "Add extension " to add Pruuf extension.
4. A confirmation page will appear that verified Pruuf has been added to Chrome.
5. To activate Pruuf, click on the Pruuf icon on the top - right of the browser. "Pruuf floating-pane" will appear on your right with the list of spelling or grammatical errors and suggestions.
Example : Using Pruuf in Gmail
Example : Using Pruuf in Facebook
Example : Using Pruuf in Google Translate
B. ACTIVATE PRUUF IN FIREFOX
In Windows search, go to Pruuf folder, and choose "Get Pruuf add-on for Firefox." Firefox Add-ons will be opened in your web browser.
2. In Firefox Add-ons, choose "Enable" to install Pruuf .
3. Pruuf icon will appear on top-right of the browser. Just click on it, "Pruuf floating pane" will appear on the right.
C. USING PRUUF IN MS WORD ADD-ON
1. At the “Home” tab, click on the “Check Now” on the right.
2. Pruuf pane will appear on the right of MS Word.
D. ACTIVATE PRUUF IN GOOGLE DOCS
1. For the first time, user needs to install Pruuf Add-on. Click on the “Get add-on” link.
2. In Google Docs Add-ons, click on the “Free” button and follow the rest of the process to install Pruuf add-ons.
3. To use Pruuf, in the "Add-ons” tab on Google Docs, select “Pruuf” >> “Check document.” Pruuf pane will appear on the right side of the Google docs.
E. INTERACTING WITH PRUUF INTERFACE
1. Click on a suggested word to replace the incorrect word.
2. Click on the ＋ icon to add the word to user dictionary.
3. Click on the ✕ icon to ignore the word once.
4. Click on the ☰ icon to ignore all the words in the document.
5. For grammatical error, click on the ˅ icon for more details.